Hydroponics is no more a new technology but is mostly accepted by the world owing to the scarcity of natural resources for cultivating food. It is regarded as the best viable way of modern farming. By following the daily routines along with in-depth knowledge of hydroponics, it is possible to reap high yields.
Hydroponics is a modern way of farming and there exist many types. Besides, you can set up hydroponics farming both indoor and outdoor. A controlled environment and outdoor setting are different scenarios for hydroponics.
Growing tips for outdoor hydroponics
Depending on the climate, it is practical to reap more benefits from your outdoor hydroponics farming. It needs little management along with crop selection.
- Constant checking of PHP level and nutrient solution is very important in outdoor hydroponic systems.
- The abundance of natural light usually benefits outdoor farming. But it is important to use tools like float valves to monitor your hydroponic system.
- Selecting a well-drained area without any slope is beneficial in many ways
- Depending on the location and amount of natural resources, you can either use reflexive or insulative materials on the hydroponic outdoor farm. In this way, you can prevent sunlight from harming your plants.
Growing tips for indoor hydroponics
Indoor hydroponics is similar to indoor gardening. You can grow your own food crops using artificial lighting or natural light in the indoor garden.
- Using horizontal LED lights for indoor farming is helpful as it can provide light as well as heat for plants. The roots of the plants will get an adequate amount of heat and light.
- To provide sidelight, you can use vertical LED lights. Providing side lighting is the best way to nurture large plants with great vines.
- Crop selection is also important too. Lettuce, cucumber, spinach and kale are most suitable for indoor farming. They also have a shorter harvesting period.
- Creating a conducive farm environment also helps. The overall environment contributes to faster plant growth and health.
Elagreens is a top provider of hydroponics in India that help entrepreneurs and voracious young farmers to set up hydroponic farms on a large scale basis. Our team is adept at hydroponics growing methods as they possess in-depth knowledge about hydroponics farming and are ready to lend you a hand anytime. We provide guidance, support and technical assistance throughout your venture.